The objectives for this architectural project were as follows:
- Retain the existing centre and link it to the new facilities
- New facilities to include a kitchen, kiosk, staff amenities, office, reception area, open exhibition space, general public amenities, universal access facilities, change rooms, luggage area, laundry, wash-down facilities and covered outdoor area
- Cater for trail enthusiasts and general public
- Accommodate caravans, tour buses, cars and other vehicles with trailers
- Provide facilities for people with disabilities
- 24-hour access to trail enthusiasts
Lycopodium is working with the Shire, the community and appointed ‘Trails Hub’ project committee to ensure all requirements are incorporated.
Additional facilities such as a grey water system, vehicle waste dump point and equipment charging outlets are also being considered.