The Yanchep Active Open Space (YAOS) will address the needs of different users groups and will provide the local community with a central place to gather.
YAOS sporting grounds and recreational areas can be used for the following:
- AFL oval
- Rugby and soccer grounds
- Athletics track and field
- Cricket ground
- Cricket pitch and practice area
- Baseball or softball diamond
- Hard courts for basketball and netball
Safety in Design
Low planting selection to minimise concealed areas along pathways.
Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) Initiatives
- Water efficient reticulation, water wise landscaping and reuse of existing site materials where possible.
- Native plants and non-weeds are to be planted to minimise impact on existing natural habitat.