Lycopodium’s architectural consultants and building engineering consultants were key contributors to this project, facing the challenge of catering for two groups of people.
This main objective of this project was to provide facilities for the bowling club members in addition to providing a home for the elderly and disabled members of the local community.
Lycopodium incorporated the following amenities into the bowling club and community care centre: function room, dining room, offices, meeting room, commercial grade kitchen, bar, entry reception area, foyer, community care kitchen, public toilet facilities, storage (cool and general), courtyard, TV room, quiet room, games room, delivery area, covered vehicle drop off/pickup area and large covered viewing veranda.
Incorporated into the project:
- Disabled access and facilities
- Provision of roof safety equipment
- Wheel stops to pathway facing car bays
- Increased access manholes to restricted areas
- Clearly marked access points
- LED lighting to reduce maintenance
- Water efficient fixtures incorporated throughout
- Low VOC paints used
- GBCA rated materials used on floor coverings and cabinet work
- Water wise landscaping