Goodwyn Alpha is an offshore production platform in Commonwealth waters about 135 km north-west of Karratha in Western Australia and has been operating since 1995.
In 2017 Lycopodium undertook Risk Based Inspections (RBI) of the pressure vessels and piping systems around the facility.
Key Activities Undertaken
- Undertook a review of the technical data for the Pressure Vessel, Piping and Corrosion Under Insulation Registers;
- Updated more than 200 P&IDs with the updated corrosion loops;
- Undertook a Risk Based Inspection (RBI) review based on inspection histories, work orders, inspection plans, process information, change management documents and previous RBI outcomes;
- Undertook criticality and RBI Reviews of more than 200 Pressure Vessels and 83 Piping Systems;
- Facilitated desktop RBI review workshops
Key Outcomes Achieved
- Provided an updated Pressure Vessel, Piping and Corrosion Under Insulation registers;
- Updated Corrosion Loops on more than 200 P&IDs;
- Implemented new inspection strategies in WEL’s CMMS based on the RBI review outcomes.